Great fishing right here in Southern Scotland
Are you looking for a fishing trip in Dumfries and Galloway? Here at Drumlanrig Castle you’ll find Salmon and Sea Trout fishing in the River Nith, plus Grayling fishing in the winter. We also offer Rainbow Trout and Brown Trout fishing in our well-stocked lochs. Here are just a few reasons why people love fishing here at Drumlanrig:
- Breathtaking scenery and landscape.
- A relaxing and quality fishing experience.
- Great choice: River, Loch , Family Fishing.
- Multi-day fishing; enjoy one day fishing Salmon on the River Nith then maybe Rainbow Trout on the Starburn Loch. The choice is yours.
- Competitively priced.
- Private fishing waters that have been carefully managed for generations at the magnificent home of the Duke and Duchess of Buccleuch and Queensberry.
- Year-round fishing: we open when other rivers might close.
- Many other activities on the Estate from walking to Castle tours, cycling and Land Rover tours.
Would you like to know more? Give us a call on 01848 600415 to book or find out more, or email us [email protected]. Alternatively, you can find more details using the links below. We look forward to helping you create your next rewarding fishing trip.
Are you a beginner, an existing angler or a returner? Would you like to be introduced to fishing, learn a new tactic or brush up on long forgotten skills? Whether its river, loch or coarse fishing, why not hire our ghillie to help. We also have rods to hire as well as various flies. For further information, please contact the Estate Office on 01848 600415.
Bookings can be made through:
- Queensberry Estate Office (01848 600415) Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- River Manager, Scott Kerr, (07765 002142) Friday, 5pm-8pm and on Saturday 9am-1pm.
- Day tickets can be booked at the Buccleuch & Queensberry Arms Hotel, Thornhill, between 5pm and 7pm every day (who also offer accommodation and fishing packages).
River and loch gift vouchers are available for purchase. Please contact the Estate office on 01848 600415 for details or to order.