From 1st April to 30th November, enjoy your fishing in secluded and beautiful landscapes on one of our four glorious lochs.
STARBURN AND SLATEHOUSE LOCHS
Both of these quality lochs are regularly re-stocked with rainbow trout and wild brown trout. They are located near Thornhill, set within glorious countryside on the Estate of the Duke of Buccleuch & Queensberry, KBE. Fly fishing only is allowed, and barbless hooks must be used. Brown trout average 1lb and rainbow trout 3lbs, but some reach up to 5lbs.
- Excellent value at £15 per adult, per day (no evening tickets available) for a three fish limit.
- A boat is available on Starburn Loch on a first-come, first served basis for £3. Life jackets are provided and must be worn at all times when fishing from a boat.
- The first three fish caught may be taken and then you are asked to catch and release.
- Children’s Tickets are now available for £8 per day. Children (17 years and under) must be accompanied by a responsible adult. The first fish may be taken and then you must catch and release.
MORTON CASTLE LOCH (ten rods) *new addition for 2017*
This is an eight acre loch containing wild brown trout. There is also a boat available on a first come, first served basis at a cost of £3 per day. Life jackets are provided and must be worn at all times when fishing from a boat.The loch lies a few miles to the east of Drumlanrig Castle, the ancestral seat of the Earl of Morton.
HILLHEAD LOCH (three rods) *new addition for 2017*
This is a two and a half acre loch containing wild brown trout within the woodlands behind Drumlanrig Mains, providing good bank fishing.
These lochs will not be stocked and you will be fishing for wild fish only.
- Adult tickets cost £10 per rod, per day for a three fish limit.
- Childrens tickets are also available at a cost of £3 per rod, per day. Children (17 years and under) must be accompanied by a responsible adult. The first fish may be taken and then you must catch and release.
Bookings can be made through:
- Queensberry Estate Office (01848 600415) Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- River Manager, Scott Kerr, (07765 002142) Friday, 5pm-8pm and on Saturday 9am-1pm.
- Day tickets can be booked at the Buccleuch & Queensberry Arms Hotel, Thornhill, between 5pm and 7pm every day (who also offer accommodation and fishing packages).
River and Loch gift vouchers are available for purchase. Please contact the Estate office on 01848 600415 for details or to order.