Enjoy the best of beautiful Nithsdale in style! You’ll be driven through an area unrivalled in the richness and diversity of its natural history, landscapes and rugged beauty. The Buccleuch Ranger Services team will educate and stimulate your senses as you travel from the River Nith to the high tops of the Lowther Hills. You will see a wide variety of trees, wildlife and diverse natural history, brought to life by your experienced Ranger.
This year you can enjoy a 3 hour (half day) tour at the following prices:
- £50 per person (minimum charge of £100)
- £120 for a family ticket for 2 adults and 2 children. Extra children will be £20 each.
- £200 maximum for groups of more than 4 adults
The Buccleuch Ranger Service has many years’ experience and knowledge of our landscape, natural history and land management. The Rangers will listen to your interests – wildlife, history or photography – and tailor your tour accordingly. Our Land Rover Safari vehicles have excellent all-round vision and the ability to take you anywhere. Bring your camera to capture those spectacular views. Feel free to bring your own picnic, or we can provide one at additional cost.
- There is a maximum of 6 guests per tour.
- Binoculars and telescopes are provided.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 18.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for providing car seats for children to comply with current legislation.
All tours start and finish at Drumlanrig Castle, but if you get in touch, we can arrange pick-up from the local area.
Christmas gift vouchers are available.